Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 3 Post

My question for the week is how do you transform a boring classroom into a gratifying learning environment? This week, I really enjoyed the exercise we did when we broke down into our groups based on grade level of interest and we created our own classroom.  Going into Early Childhood Education, I never really thought about how I would design a classroom but I now see that the setting of the classroom is vital for a child's learning.  My group decided that it is important to have colorful and creative surroundings, a class pet, a designated area for reading and play time and comfortable carpeting on the floor.  We also agreed that having some sort of discipline and reward system is essential to shape these kids into great young people.  I think the hardest part of this process will be discovering what kind of teacher I want to be and what kind of classroom I will create for my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment