Tuesday, September 2, 2014

WebPost1: Class Survey


The most recent picture I have of me and my best friend

Hi!  My name is Sammi and I'm from Aurora, Ohio.  I am interested in Early Childhood Education and I am not sure which subject.  I love to do service for others around the country and I hope to be involved in the immersion trips provided here at JCU!  In high school, I was very involved with things like Cross Country, Track, Student Council and Key Club.  I have been told that I am very good with people, especially children , which is why I thought that Education is the best major for me!  One thing that really helps me become more outgoing in the classroom is when the other students are open and talkative with the professor as well.  In class, I feel that I participate when asked but occasionally I am afraid to ask questions.  I complete my assignments right away and I am mostly a visual learner, therefore I love to take notes.  When I do not understand something, I always ask a teacher or another student for assistance.  One formative memory that I have is last year as a senior, I took Government and I did not like the way my teacher taught because he never used notes or books and never gave us tests.  I thought that was odd but now I realize that I remember more information from that class than any other class I've ever taken. One issue I have with the field of education is that the teachers give us information to memorize but they do not give us tricks to actually remember essential information that we will need for the rest of our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment